Friday, May 11, 2012

sore muscles

It has been a while since I have used some of my muscles and quite frankly they are sore. Let me explain...
My brain has been getting quite the workout this semester. I had the opportunity or need to take two classes this semester. I haven't been in school since babies and I lost all of those brain cells through pregnancy (which I've heard you never get back-yikes!) it was a bit challenging. I finished my last all day Saturday class last weekend and it was a great feeling to turn in my project and be finished. It ended up being a good class on how to relate to families in our communities and churches. I was challenged to think about the struggles that are in our churches and how to think proactively towards helping them. I have a passion for the family and realize how many practical and spiritual needs are present in our church. This may be over simplified but I love the Scriptures in 1 John that talk about the love of Christ being our greatest weapon (so to speak). My prayer is that I will be humble enough to love others purely. Especially my dear little family.


My patience muscle is way out of whack. I'm not even sure if there is a muscle there, ha! We have been in a holding pattern for over two years now. February 2011 Josh interviewed for a teaching job and was runner up for the job. Since then it has been filling out apps and sending his CV along with trusting God for the next step. This last year has been another year of miraculous provision of God from Josh graduating, to being able to teach 3 classes here at GGBTS and the opportunity to be published! We are so grateful to God for His tender care each day. And with this we look in anticipation for what He has next. I don't know if the fear of the unknown or the waiting just to know is more challenging. I do know that Josh and I are being stretched in ways that we haven't been before and so that is good. I hope my demanding heart is being softened to the Lord's leading.


The other muscles are just those fatty stretched out baby muscles! They sure do stretch far in pregnancy but are pretty saggy after. Josh and I often say, "boy are we getting old". We have been on a baby diet for over two months now with no progress. I started jogging last week but just haven't been real consistent. I guess I shouldn't have given in to all those baby cravings. oops! I think my love for food is a consistent reminder from God that I need to have discipline on a daily basis.


To say the least the soreness will hopefully turn into some serious tone. I know that as I look back through life some of the things I treasure most were hard in the moment and definitely a product of grace, sweat, tears and sacrifice. So here's to a great workout of the mind, soul, and body!


1 Corinthians 9:24-26a "Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So i do not run aimlessly..." 

I couldn't post without some pictures of my favorite people!



1 comment:

  1. this post expresses your thoughts and situation so well, Stacy. You are doing what God honors - just keeping on trusting and obeying. He will keep leading and blessing. We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete