Thursday, March 5, 2009

A mothers ponderings

My new favorite picture!!!!

One of my favorite lines of the nativity story is that Mary pondered all of these things in her heart. I love to think, probably over think too many things, and love to take in life and mull things over in the quiet. Since being home with Hallel, one of the ponderings that keeps coming up in my mind is that of a child's delight to her parents and unknown to her.
Hallel is so small and is learning such simple things as hand coordination. So that her flailing arms and fingers don't always end up in her eye or punching her face. One of her most common practices of the day are her cat like stretches (that have made Josh and I ponder stretching and how refreshing that is) that occur after every waking period. So in all of this simplicity, yet taxing and hard work for a two month old, is a sheer delight of her parents. Yes, we could watch her all day long with her many expressions and gestures even her sleeping posture is such a thing of beauty. Yet, she will not remember this segment of life, only through stories and pictures. But we, her parents, have her life being etched into our hearts as her personality is unfolding in front of us.
And finally, the main point of my pondering is this. Perhaps - and I will never claim to understand the heart of God - but perhaps, this is the type of joy that we get to bring to our loving Creator. A babe like innocence of how small we truly are in light of God. Yet a pleasure that only a Father could have of watching His image muddle through learning life. Ah the aspect of trust! That I would trust God like Hallel trusts Josh and I for life. And that I would realize that part of worship is just merely being who God made Stacy and that is a delight to my Maker. And that I would abhor sin for the simple reality that it hurts my Father's heart because He does know best.

Here is our little Hallel being the precious baby that God has made her to be and winning our hearts again and again!

1 comment:

  1. I love how Josh is just making those noises like, Hallel!! Come On! DO It! So cute

    ReplyDelete