Friday, September 16, 2011

The news we all have been waiting for...

Yep, you guessed it them are some sparkly girlie shoes!
The story: 
This morning i went in for the "big" ultra sound. The woman who did the ultra sound was really nice and just took her time and got all of the pictures she needed. About half way through she turned the screen to me and said, "look at your baby". The baby was just lying on its back sucking its thumb looking super content. So special!
 I love this sweet little picture of our gift from God so peacefully resting in my womb!
Then a bit later she said, "oh yep, its a girl" and showed me a nice bottoms up picture. And a few more times she said yes its a girl for sure. So nice to have a good confirmation! And we are so thankful to the Lord that she said the baby looks healthy! 
The reactions:
I was super excited when I heard her say that it was a girl. I am glad that Hallel will have a sister not too far from her age. I think the last 3 times I have heard the doctor say the sex I am always excited and then a little sad that the its not the other gender. Almost like i have to mourn the other 50% chance. I know that sounds weird.
Hallel has been convinced that we were having a boy and that his name might be Simeon. So when we told the kids the news she just looked really deep in thought and going to cry. But she is happy about it now. 
Simeon just said, "baby girl" real excited. 
Josh is super excited for a girl and is being reminded of sweet memories of when Hallel was born. He would have liked another boy for Sim to have a little buddy so close and was excited to use our boy name since we don't have a girl one picked out. 
It is really fun already to refer to her as "her" and to get the kids more excited about a little sister.

We love our little growing family!

2 comments:

  1. I love your little growing family too! and I love the cute pictures.
    Blessings on you all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you all! New sweetie pie, too! She is blessed already with the family God has placed her in.

    ReplyDelete