Thursday, December 13, 2007

Advent

Winners!
On Sunday night we had our Abiding Way church Christmas party at the Melicks' (our pastor) house. It was a great time of socializing and food. It's fun to be a part of a church that can pretty much fit in our pastor's living room and dining room. The food was great and so are the people. And to top it off we won two movie tickets in the door prize drawing!

In-N-Out Celebration
Yesterday was the last official day of the semester. Both Josh and Stacy got all their papers turned in and celebrated at In-N-Out with some fellow OT PhD students, Kevin and Seth, and Seth's family, Ling (his wife), Yael (daughter--7), and Nadav (son--3). Praise the Lord for a good semester.

Tamalpais
We finally made it up to Mt. Tam, after being turned away by the weather and car problems before. Some amazing views. Below are some photos from the east peak.

Helped... again
Yet again we experienced the Lord's impeccably timed provision. On the very day we had to fork out a big, unexpected sum of cash, we got an even more surprising and unexpected check in the mail that pretty much covered the cost.

Upcoming Program
The big Christmas program is coming on Wednesday night. It will be a great opportunity for the families of the kids to be impacted by the gospel. Please pray for Stacy as she directs it and especially that the Lord will be glorified and that hearts will be drawn towards what Christmas is really all about.

Shelves, Stacks, Shifting, Sorting, and Studying
Today I (Josh) started working part-time at the library. I've been planning to work a few hours and I figured since I spend much of my days in the library anyway, I might as well get paid for it. Plus I get my study room paid for, a free cup of coffee everyday, keys to the library, and other perks that only a geeky academic guy like me would appreciate.

5 comments:

  1. You do such a great job on this blog! It's concise and informative, fun to read, and gives a nice glimpse into your life....good stuff!
    (I could be a little biased :)Love, Mom M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! A free cup of coffee! haa! I would appreciate that too.....but then again, i am a geek as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure there are a lot of jealous geeky guys right now. :^D

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun! We're actually going up to Mt. Tam today! Hope yall are having a blast at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Stacy, this is Katie (Pratt) Mayward! I can't believe that I found your blog and that you are in California! We are in Arizona and we have a blog too, you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete