Sunday, January 8, 2012

jsyk-just so you know...

fyi is so over used I thought I would make up my own acronym:)
"jsyk" is that I am apologizing ahead of time for a lack of blogging in the past few weeks and for the weeks to come. Don't worry I am not tired of blogging or thinking about quitting. Just so you know we just came back from 3 wonderful weeks with family and are headed into a busy month. I hardly took any pictures this Christmas vacation and just soaked up the wonderful time together. Some of my favorite times were acting out the Christmas story in costume and all with all my family in Medford. It was quite comical as we had 3 sarcastic brother in laws involved, a pre Mary (me) and a post Mary (Cynthia and her one month old son) and Simeon as the cutest little sheep. It will be a video that we will watch for years to come.
A highlight for Josh was to take a 3 day duck hunting trip with his brother and brother in law. They spent a few days making a blind for their boat before they went and came back with 6 ducks and a goose and lots of stories.

The other main event has been celebrating birthdays. We started out with a special party for Hallel early in December. She still talks about it and it was special for her to have all of her friends come celebrate with her. Then we celebrated again on Christmas day with Josh's family in Portland. My birthday is after Christmas and it worked out to go downtown Portland with the girls and enjoy some dessert at Papa Hayden's. It was a special and fun treat. And TODAY we are celebrating Josh. We started the morning with a candle in his cinnamon roll and will end the day (after naps) downtown SF for burgers. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!
















Hallel and sweet friend Carsyn playing in the curtains
Simeons birthday dance

No comments:

Post a Comment