Tuesday, August 30, 2011

animals

What do sheep, egrets, and turtles have in common? Absolutely nothing except that they are currently a part of our lives.
SHEEP-have been on our campus for more than a month and they are the highlight of most of our days. The school hires out a sheep herder and about 150 sheep to eat all of the weeds on campus. It has been amazing to see a huge field totally gone in a matter of days. The kids have been entertained for days and days by the sheep and the 2 lambs and the dog who herds the sheep. It has brought new meaning to the kids Sunday School lesson about David the shepherd boy too. They are eating their last area and we will miss them.

EGRETS-are one of the birds that have become a fascination to me. They are beautiful birds that sometimes have crazy feathers on their heads. They are mostly in the water and so we see them on our walks but often they are in the tall grass and stand like statues so that you won't see them. I love that even my 18th month old can say "egret" and point to it.
TURTLE-one of our friends gave the kids a turtle pillow and they love it. They jump on it, snuggle with it, and drag it around the house. It cracks me up what toys my kids love. Its usually the things that surprise me most.

 Just had to add a picture of my little MONKEY who was helping Hallel and I color with markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment