Saturday, June 11, 2011

big girl panties

I am so excited to be writing this blog that we are having potty success at last! It was seriously like all of the painful hours spent on the potty chair just melted away and something seriously "clicked" for Hallel. She went from waiting for it every time to being able to go when she sat down on the potty chair to being able to go on the toilet in a matter of a few weeks. Before this just sounds like a mom bragging I just want to say that there were many days of frustration almost to the point of tears on my part and definitely for Hallel. So I hope this post is an encouragement to all of those mothers about ready to embark on this most duanting training.
One of my friends recently said that she read that there is a connection between verbal communication and the physical readiness to potty train. I whole heartedly agree with this statement. So many of Hallel's little friends that have been verbal at an early age also seemed to potty train early. I know it took Hallel awhile to talk and it seems the connection of holding it and making it come has taken her time to develop.
I know the chocolate chip reward and Grandma bringing new "big girl panties" also helped ALOT too!:)




4 comments:

  1. YEAA Hallel!
    Hang in there mommy. Potty training is quite the experience, but it totally gets easier.
    We miss seeing you guys. Hallel and Simeon both look so cute. Let us know if you come up close to us sometime. We would love to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Hallel! And congratulations, Mathews.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was me, Julia. I accidentally hijacked Dave's username. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia:) Hopefully Naomi will have an easier time in the beginning!

    Ashley, Yes I think of you often and would love to see you too! Hallel had on Hadassa's pink swim suit the other day and it just made me miss seeing you guys. How's P-town? Ive been hearing lots of rain:(

    ReplyDelete