Wednesday, July 7, 2010

these days

These days I feel like I am watching time lapsed photography as my children grow right before my very own eyes. When we put on Hallel's socks this morning they seemed 1/2 an inch smaller than they did yesterday. Then I was dressing Simeon and his little pants looked like highwaters so off to the closet I went and sure enough he fit right into a 9mo outfit! Yikes. Can I keep up with these little ones?
It sure is rewarding to see their sweet little faces light up when they learn something new. Hallel has just transferred to a big girl bed and is mastering the skill of staying on her bed until we come and get her. She likes using a spoon and trying a fork for meals. She is working on new words every day and expressing herself in a more proficient way. Daddy even recently taught her how to kick a ball.
We are about to retire Simeon's bouncer as he did a backwards somersault off of it the other night. It was hilarious and he landed upright thankfully. He is rolling to one side. And is working on his laugh. It is so fun to see the two interact together.
Josh and I had no idea how fun it would be to be parents. And to just watch our kids be themselves!









No comments:

Post a Comment