Monday, May 10, 2010

mmmm mothers day!

My sweet husband outdid himself this year!
I think that I like mother's day even better than my birthday because I get to celebrate the thing I love to do-be a momma! It is by far the most rewarding job I have ever had in my life:)
Josh gave me the gift of time. Time to saunter through Target(one of my favorite stores) and just look while he watched the kids at home. And then time to sit in the sun and read my Bible. What a refreshment to the heart to just stop and be quiet! Thanks Josh!
Josh also made me a gourmet meal which was amazing! He concocted recipes, shopped 4 stores, cooked, and did every last dish! This was way better than any restaurant could offer.
Appetizer-Kalamata olive dip/fresh basil pesto dip with grilled bagel chips
3 cheese garnish
Trader's old fashioned sparkling lemonade
tossed salad, green peas, grilled chicken, carbonara with saffron

handmade carrot cake muffins with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting
Thank you for the yummo meal and for being such an amazing husband!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dang Josh! All you boys making me look bad. That sounds awesome. Happy Mothers Day Stace, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I am very impressed. Go Josh!

    I love that you got to browse Target! That's so much fun. I especially thought of you yesterday and what a good mom you are and some of the challenges good and bad that you've been through the past 2 years. It's all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive gift for a wonderful Mama! Josh, I didn't know you could do all of that - Wow!!

    ReplyDelete