Thursday, July 24, 2008

barefoot and pregnant

We had an ultrasound on Sunday and found out that (we think at least) we're having a girl. So instead of visions about little league games, big wheels, action figures, and matchbox cars, we're getting excited about things like princesses, ladybugs, dolls, and anything pink. But little girls like to play with Legos too don't they?

Just this morning Stacy came out and said, "Josh, will you come in here please." She has been telling me for a few weeks now that she thought she felt the baby but wasn't sure. This morning she was pretty sure and I felt for a while and finally, just faintly but definitely, there was a little kick or punch, and then another one. So amazing! We could not be more excited to be having a girl, and we feel blessed by the Lord so far beyond what we could ever imagine.

Otherwise, we're just keeping busy with summer stuff. Stacy is working with the 4 year-olds now, where she'll be till December when she is done. That has been good and she has really done a wonderful job. She works from 10-6 and has been very faithful about exercising and being in the Word every day. And she's still keeping the house clean and me very, very well fed.

I've been working and reading, getting ready for seminars coming up in less than a month now. It looks like it will be another fun semester. I'll be in a Psalms seminar and one on the Gospels, and I'll be working on learning Latin as well as some other odds and ends kind of research and writing.

Here are a few photos, mostly of my beautiful wife and the baby growing inside her.

This is the great little town of Sonoma, where we went for the day a few weeks ago. If you're ever there, go to the Sunflower cafe (in the photo on the left I think) for a coffee, breakfast, lunch, or whatever. Just be sure to sit out back in the garden seating area. Everything about it is just right.
...growing
...growing. This was a couple weeks ago in our little kitchen, where Stacy is displaying her culinary genius as she does every day.
...and growing. These ones were taken this evening. Isn't she adorable?

6 comments:

  1. excuse me! how sweet is Josh saying "isn't she adorable" love it!! you are so cute! I love it! I love that you are showing! It's so crazy to me how fast everything is moving!! I can't wait to feel your little girl!! yea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She sure is showing...and adorable! And to feel that little girl moving....isn't it wonderful to share this miracle? We praise God with you.
    Love,
    Mom M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! We are so excited for you and it made me a bit teary to hear about you feeling the baby kick! How fun! You are in our thoughts often and we look forward to introducing your little lady to our baby(boy or girl...?)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great Stacy!! :^D Congrats on the (probably) girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Stacey!!! I love the look of pregnancy...but not the discomfort... Hopefully you are one of "those people" (!) that feel better when they are pregnant (One can only hope right?!)! I'm so excited for you both, and for your beautiful little girl. (We love girls!)
    sk
    ps-We need to get together again...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry...I spelled your name wrong... :-( I think I've done that in the past too... Mommy brain...

    ReplyDelete