Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy Birthday!


My Love

Today marks the 12045 day or 33rd year of Joshua George Mathews' life and I am inviting you to celebrate with me!
I know that I am a little bit biased because I have the best husband ever but I am sure that any of you who know Josh would agree about his character.
Josh is a man marked by the Word of God, as he has devoted his life studies to sit under the Living Word and be taught by it. Even when there are hard things to understand he is ready to study yet also be molded.
He is a man of discipline who takes seriously that our days are numbered and so the way that he chooses to spend his time in practice will make the habits that prepare him for the finish line.
He is a man of his word, if he commits to something he will follow through with his actions.
He is a man of leadership and guides our marriage to be a reflection of the Lord especially when it is hard.
He is a man of quick whit, whenever there is something fun to say he will offer an opportunity for laughter.
He is a man of loyalty who has friendships from boyhood that he cares about and invests in and takes great delight in relationship with family (not to mention his favorite band U2 and the Seahawks).
He is a man of kindness who is always seeking ways to prefer me and others before himself.
He is a man of humble strength in his quiet way he will unwaveringly stand for the truth.
He is a man of life who has taught me so much about playing hard and seizing the moment to explore and make memories.
He is a man of risk otherwise we would not be married!
Happy Birthday my love, here's to another wonderful year!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Josh!!!!!!! Thank you for being an awesome husband to my friend and for loving the Lord with your heart and mind!! I hope you had a fabulous day remembering and celebrating one more year!

    so fun to see all the recent blogs and all of your fun adventures. I can't wait to see the video of the kids stace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy for a wonderful tribute to this wonderful guy! We may be biased also, but believe you have characterized him well.
    Love you both,
    Mom and Dad M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another biased person weighing in here...but you hit the nail on the head. I love you Josh and am blessed to have you as a brother and a friend. And I'm especially glad he has you Stacy! Thanks for making known just how great he really is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for summing it up beautifully! Happy Birthday Josh.

    ReplyDelete